Advocacy Committee Membership
- Valera Hudson, MD; Chair, Augusta
- Barbara Brown, MD; Columbus
- Matt Levy, MD; Atlanta
- Rebecca Reamy, MD; Columbus
- Dan Salinas, MD; Atlanta
Advocacy Sub-Committee Membership
- Susie Buchter, MD; Emory
- Leila Stallworth, MD; Augusta University
- Yasmin Tyler-Hill, MD; Morehouse
- Barry Warshaw, MD; Emory
- Continue collaboration with the five (5) schools of medicine in Georgia.
- Pursue funding for project manager to provide administrative support of program development; follow up request for funding through “GREAT Committee” vs. direct funding for GME planning from Georgia Board of Healthcare Workforce vs. request for direct appropriations from legislative committee.
- Host an in-person meeting with the Advocacy Committee and other key stakeholders tentatively for March 2020. ACGME executives will lead a brainstorming session regarding rural pediatric residency program models.
- Begin program develop if funds are appropriated to PHIC to hire a project manager.